|Vas-cog Asia 3
Jointing with APSC2014 in Taipei
September 12 (FRI)
Vas-Cog Asia was founded in 2012 in Tokyo at APSC 2012. Whilst independent from the Asia Pacific Stroke Organisation (APSO), it maintains close links organizing joint workshops at the Asia Pacific Stroke Conference (APSC) with the 1st in Tokyo 2012, the 2nd in Hong Kong 2013, and the 3rd in Taipei 2014.
|The objective of Vas-Cog Asia is to focus on brain health in Asia where rapidly aging societies with are faced with an increasing prevalence of dementia which may be more related to cerebrovascular risk factors than in the West. This society will promote scientific and social understanding of vascular risk factors for dementia in Asia, and therefore will contribute Asian perspectives on the prevention and treatment of this important disease for all Asian clinicians and scientists interested in stroke.|
Organizing Comittee Members
Vas-Cog Asia directors
as of February 11, 2016
|Toshiya Fukui||福井俊哉||Yokohama||Kawasaki Memorial H.||email@example.com|
|Ryuichi Morishita||森下竜一||Osaka||Osaka University||MLE04377@nifty.com|
|Shinichiro Uchiyama||内山真一郎||Tokyo||Int’l. U. Health & Welfarefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kazuo Kitagawa||北川一夫||Tokyo||Tokyo Women’s Med. U.||email@example.com|
|Yoshio Ikeda||池田佳生||Maebashi||Gunma Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Toru Yamashita||山下 徹||Okayama||Okayama Universityemail@example.com|
|崔 徳華||Beijing||Peking Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yan-Jiang Wang||王 延江||Chongqing||Third Military Medical U.||email@example.com|
|Jianquan Shi||时 建铨||Nanjing||Nanjing Medical U.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Korea||Hee-Joon Bae||裵 熙俊||Seoul||Seoul National U.||Braindoc@snu.ac.kr|
|Hong Kong||Vincent Mok||莫 仲棠||Hong Kong||Chinese U. of Hong Kongemail@example.com|
|李 宗海||Taipei||Chang Gung Memorial H.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ming-Chyi Pai||白 明奇||Tainan||National Cheng Kung U.||email@example.com|
|胡 朝榮||Taipei||Taipei Medical U.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Philippines||Simeon Marasigan||Manilla||U. St. Thomas Hosp.||email@example.com|
|India||Man Mohan Mehndiratta||New Delhi||Delhi Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Suvarna Alladi||Hyderabad||Nizam's Instituteemail@example.com|
|Amitabha Ghosh||Kolkata||Apollo Gleneagles Hosp.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
(UKM Medical Centre)
|Singapore||Singapore National U.||email@example.com|
|Indonesia||Paulus Anam Ong||Bandung||Padjadjaran Universityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
(*) Honorary Presidents: Shinichiro Uchiyama (Japan), Ken Nagata (Japan), Byung-Woo Yoon (Korea),
Man Mohan Mehndiratta (India), Christopher Chen (Singapore)
The articles of Vas-Cog Asia society
(Effective from December 1, 2015)
(1) Vas-Cog Asia is an independent society which is dedicated to elucidate the mechanism of vascular factors on dementia primarily in Asian people who has more vascular factors than those in other world area, to develop diagnostic tool/criteria, and to contribute towards developing potential therapy for Asian dementia people.
(2) Vas-Cog Asia society may jointly organize Vas-Cog Asia meeting in conjunction with APSC (Asia Pacific Stroke Conference) to be completely established and also to contribute more for APSC meeting.
(3) Vas-Cog Asia society is composed of regular members, directors, and executive committee (EXCO) members. Vas-Cog Asia society shall regularly publish a newsletter or a journal either independently or jointly with related societies.
(4) One can apply for a member with a recommendation letter from a director, which needs an approval of the director committee. A member is interested in basic and/or clinical sciences of Vas-Cog field, can present a scientific data in the annual meeting, and is entitled to receive occasional notices and an annual newsletter/journal from the society. There is no membership fee for a following few years from 2015.
(5) Directors are the active core members of the society, and thus have to support the society by, for example, attending the annual meeting and actively participating in the scientific presentations and discussions. Directors are also requested to encourage young fellows from their own and other institutions for attending the annual meeting, delivering presentations, and becoming members.
(6) There is no time frame or age limitation of a directorship as long as the person is active in the society. However, a director loses the directorship when becoming inactive, for example absent in 3 consecutive annual meetings.
(7) A new director can be nominated and elected in the annual directors meeting from Asia, based on the dedication and publications on Vas-Cog field. A few directors from Australia and New Zealand are also welcome.
(8) Vas-Cog Asia EXCO will consist of the President, Secretary General, Publication Chair, Education Chair, and Membership Chair. EXCO member is nominated and elected from the directors, and the EXCO membership lasts for 2 years, with 1 renewal for a total of 4 years.
Vas-Cog Asia 5
Date: July 15 (FRI) 2016, afternoon
Tentative program of Vas-Cog Asia 5 (Brisbane, July 14, 2016) as of February 19
Vas-Cog Asia 4 (2015, Kuala Lumpur) -- Click to open below
Vas-Cog Asia 4
Date: October 2 (FRI) 2015, pm 1:30-5:30
Final program (as of August 21, 2015)
Vas-Cog Asia 3 (2014, Taipei)
Vas-Cog Asia 2 (2013, Hong Kong)
Vas-Cog Asia 1 (2012, Tokyo)
|Vas-Cog World 7 (September 17-19, 2015)